There is nothing better when it comes to baking with chocolate. The chocolate being a heavenly ingredient is a gift to humans, crafted with love and lots of love. I don’t know why but I get emotional when it comes to speaking about chocolates. It feels like a connection, it’s that addictive. Isn’t it? Adding to more craziness I tried baking the moistest chocolate cake using buttermilk and used homemade chocolate glaze for a “death by chocolate” feeling 😛
How much chocolate is chocolaty enough? If you don’t know the answer to it, this moist chocolate cake recipe will help you out.
For the moist chocolate cake-
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar/ healthy sugar substitutes (as preferred)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter/ healthy butter substitutes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk/buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons chocolate essence (optional)
For chocolate glaze-
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Any chocolate of your choice/ cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cold milk
For chocolate sponge cake-
- Preheat the oven at 180° C and prepare a baking tray by spraying butter/oil and lightly flouring.
- Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and keep aside.
- Whisk butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add chocolate essence and milk and whisk again.
- Now, add the dry sieved mixture and mix well until no lumps remain. You can add more milk if required to reach a desired flowing consistency.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Preparing chocolate glaze-
- Slightly roast the flour for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Mix together cold milk with flour and chocolate/ cocoa powder until no lumps remain.
- Boil the mixture for 3-4 minutes on a low flame by giving it a continuous stir. Add more milk if it seems to thicken until desired consistency is obtained.
- If you prefer sweeter, add some sugar/healthy sugar substitutes.
- Pour this chocolate glaze on top of the chocolate sponge cake and top with some cocoa chips or dried fruits of your choice.
Tadaaa! Delicious Chocolate glaze cake is ready to melt in your mouth. Consume it warm right from the oven or chill it in the refrigerator.
Share your experience with us!