Do you often find yourself craving for ice-cream but the fear of calories that comes from fat makes you guilty for having that one scoop? Comm’on it’s obvious that you aren’t willing to give up having ice-cream totally. From being a perfect mid night dessert to being a perfect emotional pain reliever, it is impossible for ice creams to make place in anyone’s dislike list. Whether it’s winter or summer, suffering from cold or no cold, it will always be everyone’s go-to dessert. What if I told you there is a way you can cut calories that comes from cream that is one of the most important ingredients for giving ice-creams a creamy texture and you can make your homemade chocolate ice cream without cream.
Why should you switch to homemade?
Imagine, always having a stock of homemade chocolate ice cream in your refrigerator. One of the major advantages of making this at home is that you know what goes into the recipe and what stays out of it. You can always craft it healthy in this way. You can make it easily with the commonly available ingredients. Yes! you can make this easy homemade ice-cream without using cream by simply replacing it with a most commonly used ingredient found in every household. Want to know how to make a cream free ice-cream and yet retain the rich creamy texture? Well get ready because that secret ingredient is “All purpose flour” Yes! You heard it right. Read on to know how to prepare a creamy low fat ice-cream without cream.
Homemade chocolate ice cream
- Sauce pan
- Stirring spoon
- 500 ml milk
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 50-60 gm dark chocolate compound or any chocolate bar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp chocolate essence optional
- 10-12 pieces roasted almonds or any preferred nut
- Slightly roast the flour in a pan. Make sure you don't roast it much. It should just be warm, take if off the stove when it starts to release a slight aroma of roasted flour.
- Mix it in some milk to make a runny paste until no lumps remain. Make sure you use cold milk because mixing it in hot milk create lumps.
- Boil rest of the milk and add the flour paste.
- Simmer it. Till then melt chocolate in a double boiler and add sugar.
- Add the chocolate paste in the boiling milk. Boil the mixture till you get a thick and creamy consistency.
- Let it cool. Transfer it in an air tight container and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, blend it in a blender till smooth. This will make your ice cream more creamy and fluffy. Add roasted nuts of your choice and again freeze it for another 1-2 hours.
- Top it with some cherries or coco chips.
- To make this recipe more healthier you can use natural sugar substitutes instead of refined sugar.
- Add fresh fruit pulp instead of chocolate to make any fruit flavored ice cream. But do not boil the milk with the fruit pulp. Make sure you add fresh fruit pulp/puree just before freezing after the milky ice cream paste has cooled naturally.
Tadaaa! The most creamy chocolate ice cream made without cream is ready to sooth your mind and body. This low fat ice cream can also be used as frosting for your desserts too. Enjoy having ice cream because there is no place for guilt when it comes to healthy alternatives.
Do share your experience and tell us how your creamy homemade ice cream melted in your mouth! Try experimenting different flavors in the same way just by replacing chocolate. Do let us know about your experiments and flavors that turned out to be delicious.