Do you feel baking a bread is a big task? How many of us dream to bake a bread and eat it right from the oven? That warm aroma of the freshly baked bread is enough to compensate for the duration you waited impatiently for it to turn out soft and fluffy. The pleasure you get when you grab a loaf and start squishing it right in your palm! Forget about the etiquette! Forget about the bread knife! This easy to make homemade bread recipe will drive you crazy as soon as you open your oven to welcome your newly born cute squishy baby bread. Get ready to give some life to your ingredients.
- 250 gm all purpose flour/ multi-grain flour
- 10 gm dry activated yeast
- 10 gm sugar
- 15 gm butter (at room temperature)
- 5 gm salt
- 70-100 ml milk/ water
Method to give life to homemade bread
- Preheat the oven at 220° C and prepare a baking tray by spraying butter/oil.
- Mix together dry activated yeast with 3-4 tbsp of lukewarm milk/water and sugar.
- Keep it covered and let it stand for 10-15 minutes or until you see some bubbles popping. This is an important step as it checks if the yeast is activated. If no bubbles are seen, that means your yeast has expired or is not of good quality, hence should be discarded.
- In a bowl rub flour and butter together. Add salt.
- Add the yeast mixture together with some milk/water and knead a loose dough.
- Keep the bowl covered with a damp cloth or plastic film and leave it undisturbed in a warm place for 45-60 min.
- When the dough is almost double in size, knead it lightly, shape it according to your preferred shape and keep in a baking tray. Again cover it and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Top it with some seeds of your choice (Optional)
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes.
Tadaaa! The most easy to make homemade bread recipe with that bakery aroma is ready for you to sniff, squish and binge on with some butter. Give it a try!
Do share your first time bread making experience!