Last week I tried my hands on experimenting with my lovely muffins. Mumma was shredding some coconuts in the food processor and the aroma of dried coconuts just carried my senses to next level. I have always been a muffin person and we usually have muffins every week with family, the only thing that differs is the flavor of those. They are of perfect size per serving (LOL! One muffin never satisfies me) and are easy to experiment with. Some weeks are chocolate loaded while some are meant for bananas. This week after that aromatic experience I couldn’t stop myself from baking a batch of coconut muffins.
The muffins came out tender and moist from the oven and the coconut aroma was just phenomenal! My whole family now loves coconut muffins and they keep on pestering me to make them again. I am pretty sure you and your family will love them too.
Why experiment with muffins rather than cake?
I am sharing my recipe below that bakes the perfect coconut muffins, however you must feel free to experiment with yours as baking is all about experimenting with the ingredients together with a pinch of love and after all they are just muffins. That’s the whole point of experimenting with muffins rather than on a big cake. Experiment by adding different flavors or toppings to each muffin and figure out what works best for you. This will really save a whole big cake from going in vain.
Coconut muffins | Eggless | Healthy & easy to make
- Muffins tray
- Baking Oven
- Measuring cup
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar (powdered)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp coconut/vanilla essence (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp roasted melon seeds/nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 180° C and prepare a muffins tray. I use the silicon one as it does not require greasing.
- Beat butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Add yogurt, milk and essence and mix well.
- Now sieve together all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder into the mixture.
- Add shredded coconut and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the muffins mold and top them with some nuts/seeds and shredded coconut.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make this recipe more healthier you can use natural sugar substitutes instead of refined sugar and butter substitutes instead of butter.
- Dry shredded coconuts contain lots of coconut oil in them. This is a good excuse to use less butter in the recipe.
- Instead of butter, one can use coconut oil too. However, this will give a stronger coconut flavor. Ignore it if you prefer a mild one.
Tadaaa! Slightly roasted and crisp coconut on top will add to the taste of the recipe. The aroma when you take them out of the oven is sure to turn you crazy for coconuts. You sure shouldn’t miss out on having some.
Share you experience and opinions about this coconut muffins recipe. Do let us know about your experiments with your muffins too.