Banana and chocolates, two of the most loved ingredients used in baking. Imagine what wonders they will do when used together in baking everyone’s all time favorite cookies! Munch on these free of guilt because there is a healthy way to cut calories from butter and sugar. The wonder ingredients are already in front of you. Yes! Bananas and cocoa/dark chocolate. Bananas play a major role in giving your cookies that crumbly texture without having you to use loads of butter. Dark chocolate is considered comparatively healthy. Any regular chocolate bar of your choice already has sugar in it and don’t forget that our wonder ingredient banana is a powerhouse of natural sweetness too, thus you don’t need to add extra. However if you prefer more sweet you can choose healthy sugar substitutes. So, let’s dig into the recipe of crumbly and light Choco banana cookies.
Ingredients for banana cookies with chocolate
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 banana (overripe)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon butter/healthy butter substitutes
- 1-2 tablespoon sugar/healthy sugar substitutes (as preferred)
- 1 pinch salt
- 70-80 gm grated dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven at 200° C and prepare a baking tray by spraying butter/oil.
- In a pan, boil milk with baking soda and sugar for 1-2 minutes. It will turn all foamy and this is another secret to crispy and light digestive biscuits.
- Rub together butter, flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder until properly mixed. Add grated dark chocolate.
- Blend banana in a blender until smooth.
- Add this banana mixture along with the foamy milk mixture into the dry mixture and knead a dough.
- Roll the dough and cut it in shapes of your choice. Top them with some nuts or coco chips.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until crisp.
Tadaaa! Crumbly and light Choco banana cookies are ready to do wonders to your taste buds . Store it in an air tight container and enjoy for several days.
Share your experience baking with the magic combo of ingredients and how your cookies turned out to be!